Updated: Oct 18, 2020
Hello and welcome to a little fun fact list!
Here we go!
1. I was born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, an island I am completely in love with.
2. My favorite color (right now and for a couple of years) is teal. Side fun-fact: I liked it so much, I painted my hair teal back in college.
3. I am a perfectionist to a fault. I will spend hours just making sure two frames are exactly lined up.
4. I'm an only child on my mother's side, but an older sister of 3 (two half brothers and one stepbrother) on my father's side.
5. I have a bachelor's degree in Creative Writing from the University of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras campus and I'm insanely proud of my diploma.
6. I'm extremely outspoken and stand up for my principles.
7. I love studying and learning new things and often find myself picking up new hobbies (right now, I'm into needlepoint!).
8. I'm a bisexual woman and my pronouns are she/her.
9. With that being said, I am currently dating the love of my life, a man named Johnel. We've been best friends since 7th grade and I couldn't imagine my life without him.
10. My favorite author of all time is Agatha Christie. I've been reading her books for about 12 years now and am still in awe of how she manages to surprise me every time.
11. I've never been able to pick a favorite book, because I have 2 or 3 that have made some impact in my life. For a long while, my favorite book was The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz and it's in the #1 spot for now.
12. I, however, usually go for series rather than stand-alones. My favorite series has been the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead since middle school. Lately, though, I've been really into the Illuminae series by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristof. I'm currently on the second book (Gemina).
13. My dream is to be a best-selling author, with people discussing my book and receiving mail on how I've helped people with their lives.
14. Among my friends, I'm known for being a big Disney girl and a big Harry Potter fan. And yes, just like all of you, I've been struggling with my love for Harry Potter versus my disappointment at its author.
15. Speaking of Disney, I went to the Disney College Program in 2016 for 4 months and it was one of the best moments in my life. I hope I get to go back and be a cast member again.
16. I'm currently writing two possible books that I write in my free time, which I do not often have. This is partly the reason for starting this blog! To rekindle my love for writing and sharing.
17. My favorite movie is, and apparently forever will be, The Breakfast Club. No matter what moment of life I'm in, I can always relate to at least one of them.
18. I love both of my parents with all my life, they're my everything. They're both my favorite parent and they're completely supportive of everything I am and do.
19. My mother is a psychologist and my father is a pastor. However, my father is also a writer, which is where I got my passion for literature. I got my psychologist vibe from my mother.
20. I am an anxious person, so this experiment will be interesting and, I think, will help me be more comfortable with being public and getting my writing out there.
Bonus fun fact!
22. Aside from writing, I also studied drawing and have sung in a choir most of my life!
Thank you for reading! Let the writings begin!